10 Business English Phrases for Conference Calls
Piyush: Are we all on the call?
Piyush: Who is this?
Vishaal: This is Vishaal.
Piyush: Which office are you from?
Vishaal: I am from Andheri office.
Do some members in your conference call speak like this? There is a certain language or terminology that has to be used in a conference call.
My name is Piyush Bhatia and I am the Founder and CEO of BM English Speaking Institute Pvt. Ltd. With me, we have Vishal Lazarus who is a Corporate Soft Skills Trainer and also a trainer with BM English Speaking.
We welcome you to the Season 2 of BM English Speaking Radio Channel. BUSINESS ENGLISH.
Today is this 7th episode of Season 2 which is titled
10 Business English Phrases for a Conference Calls
So, tighten your seatbelts, and get ready to learn 10 Business English Phrases for Conference Calls.
1) What is the first thing I say when I join a tele or video conference call?
2) What should say if someone interrupts when someone else is speaking?
Block an interruption: “Sorry Rahul, could we let Tina complete, please?”
3) How do I ask someone to add something to the conversation?
4) What if I want to add something to the conversation?
5) What are some phrases to manage technical problems?
6) What do I say when I want the participants to discuss the next point?
7) What if we need to introduce someone new in the room?
8) How do we ask for silence if we need to review a document?
Thank you, listeners, for being with us and as a bonus, here is a phrase to end a conference call.
We, at BM English Speaking Institute train freshers and middle-level managers, to speak English Fluently and Confidently. To know more about BM Advanced English Speaking Course
Listen it On Google Podcast